[SciPy-Dev] New feature - discrete Frechet distance for scipy.spatial.distance

Spiros Denaxas s.denaxas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 04:38:31 EST 2018

Hi Tyler

Thank you for the feedback. I agree that a subquadratic implementation
would be really cool but I havent seen one either and just by glancing at
the paper realize that this would take a substantial amount of effort.

What is the canonical way of specying the flavour ? the two options I can
think of are: a) scipy.spatial.distance.continuous_frechet or b)
scipy.spatial.distance.frechet(P,Q, type="continuous")

best
Spiros