[SciPy-Dev] GSoC'18 participation?

Nikolay Mayorov nikolay.mayorov at zoho.com
Sat Jan 20 05:09:15 EST 2018

Thanks for the suggestion, Benoit! I think the easiest way to achieve that is sample a quaternion uniformly on a unit 4D sphere.

By the way I updated the ideas wiki and I will include your suggestion as well. Also as was suggested we could use a more general name scipy.spatial.transform.

Nikolay

Hi,

 I have used that library quite a few times, and it is rather slow. Adding a transformation (or, for starters, rotation) module to scipy would be, in my opinion, a nice addition.

 Speaking about adding a few algorithms, one interesting add could be a function to uniformly sample the rotation space. It is a core functionality needed in a number of cases, and not that straightforward to perform properly (again, depending on the chosen formalism for representing the rotation).

 Best

 Benoit