[SciPy-Dev] GSoC 2018: Blendenpik (A least-square solver)

Jordi Montes jomsdev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:51:08 EST 2018

Hello,

I am Jordi Montes, an enthusiastic student of discrete mathematics wanting
to participate in this GSoC.

My idea is to take advantage of the current method for dimensinality
reduction of scipy (clarkson_woodruff_transformation) and build a
least-square solver on top of it. The principal motivation is that it
outperforms the other solvers in many real world applications, even those
in LAPACK.

I already discussed this in the mailing list before the GSoC admission term
started, but I have also written a formal proposal (which is attached in
this email).

As always, feel free to ask about any doubt that comes to your mind or
point to any improvement that you think I could make.

Thanks,

Jordi.