[SciPy-Dev] scipep repo

Scott Sievert sievert.scott at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:12:22 EST 2018

What should it be called? "seps" is a bit ambiguous, maybe just go for a
long name "scipy-enhancement-proposals"?

I’ve been calling it “scipeps” for “Scientific Python Enhancement
Proposals” because I think it plays well with the acronym “SciPy”. But the
NumPy and Matplotlib have NEPs and MEPs for {NumPy, Matplotlib} Enhancement
Proposals respectively. On GitHub, they’re folders (not repos) of names
“neps”[1] and “MEP”[2].
Scott

[1]: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/tree/master/doc/neps
[2]: https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/tree/master/doc/devel/MEP

On February 16, 2018 at 9:00:22 AM, Ralf Gommers (ralf.gommers at gmail.com)
wrote:

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 2:18 AM, Andrew Nelson <andyfaff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Scott Sievert and I are writing an enhancement proposal, think of it as a
> scipep, to make an Optimizer class. Is it worth keeping such proposals in
> it's own repo, e.g. scipy/scipep?

That seems like a good idea. It follows Python, NumPy, etc. - no need to
reinvent this wheel.

> I'm not sure I can create that myself.

No, only owners can create new repos. What should it be called? "seps" is a
bit ambiguous, maybe just go for a long name "scipy-enhancement-proposals"?

Ralf