[SciPy-Dev] ANN: PyData/Sparse 0.6.0

Hameer Abbasi einstein.edison at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:49:41 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance for the cross-post.

On behalf of all the contributors, I’m pleased to announce that PyData/Sparse 0.6.0 has been released. The wheel is up on PyPI and the conda-forge package should be up before the end of the day.

The wheels and sources can be found at:
https://github.com/pydata/sparse/releases/tag/0.6.0
https://pypi.org/project/sparse/#files

The documentation for this package is available at http://sparse.pydata.org/en/0.6.0/

This is mainly a bug-fix release. The changelog can be found at: http://sparse.pydata.org/en/latest/changelog.html

The main highlight is that we changed the default behaviour to raise an exception when using functions meant for NumPy arrays which would densify the array. This is also configurable via the SPARSE_AUTO_DENSIFY environment variable before importing the module.
Best Regards,
Hameer Abbasi