[SciPy-Dev] Preparing project proposal for GSoC 2019

Sourav Singh ssouravsingh12 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:39:20 EST 2018

Hello,

I am creating a new conversation since I have created a draft proposal for
the project here- https://goo.gl/S3J9Kg

I would be glad to know your views about the proposal and what needs to be
done to improve the proposal. I also have a few questions-

1) Would it be fine if I create a PR to SciPy's codebase to adopt
pocketfft? The PR could give me an understanding of how to contribute to
SciPy's fftpack module.

2) I noticed that scipy.ffitpack has fortran sources. What kind of
knowledge of fortran is expected of me for this project? I have a basic
knowledge of fortran, but I am not very confident enough to write
high-level code in the language.

Regards,

Sourav