[SciPy-Dev] scikit prefix for microscopy file I/O library?

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:12:06 EDT 2018

BSD-3 compatible licensed is preferred from a developer perspective because
then we can also freely look at each others code, and possibly copy code or
move parts into scipy.

However, some packages are GPL because of a requirement from the underlying
code. For example, scikit-sparse uses CHOLMOD which I would like to use
from scipy, but it is GPL and would "infect" scipy's license if used/copied
there.
Some packages that are overall GPL because of some included code, but have
additionally a more permissible license on parts of the code if that code
is reused without the GPL part.

Josef