[SciPy-Dev] [GSOC 2018 Project Thread]: Rotation formalism in 3 dimensions

Aditya Bharti adibhar97 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 01:41:01 EDT 2018

This project is very close to completion: 2 more PRs need to finalised
during the coming week.
A major chunk of the module has already been merged into the master branch
and the new `scipy.spatial.transform` submodule currently lives here
<https://github.com/scipy/scipy/tree/master/scipy/spatial/transform>. The
main Rotation class is almost complete and production ready.

There are some changes to the spherical linear interpolation (Slerp) class
as it stands and the two outstanding pull requests implement Wahba's
estimation and Quaternion Spline interpolation.

Best,
Aditya