[SciPy-Dev] [GSOC 2018 Project Thread]: Rotation formalism in 3 dimensions

Aditya Bharti adibhar97 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:28:15 EDT 2018

> There seems to be something wrong with your install of either Sphinx or
> numpydoc. If it's missing completely, the traceback says:
>
>   Could not import extension numpydoc (exception: No module named
> 'numpydoc')
>
> rather than complaining about "Directive". Possibly a mixup with versions?
> Also note that you're saying that you see numpydoc in the sphinx directory
> - did you mean in site-packages instead? That's where it should be:

You're right, I meant in the site-packages directory. For me it's here:
'/home/aditya/scipy-dev/lib/python3.5/site-packages/numpydoc/__init__.py'.
/home/aditya/scipy-dev is my virtualenv for scipy. It uses python3.5.

I tried making the docs outside the virtual environment, I'm getting the
same error. For reference, I'm using:

   - python 3.5.2
   - Sphinx version 1.7.3
   - numpydoc version 0.8.0
   - scipy version 1.0.0 / version 1.2.0.dev0+3988d44 (virtualenv)