[SciPy-Dev] [GSOC 2018 Project Thread]: Rotation formalism in 3 dimensions

Hameer Abbasi einstein.edison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:50:53 EDT 2018

Hi Aditya,

About Blogging, I would suggest a GitHub fork with GitHub issues relating
to what you are doing is an excellent way to keep track of what you’ve done
and what you have yet to do.

Best regards,
Hameer Abbasi
Sent from Astro <https://www.helloastro.com> for Mac

On Apr 24, 2018 at 12:50, Aditya Bharti <adibhar97 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
This will serve as the discussion thread for this year's GSoC project.

In the spirit of hitting the ground running:

   1. Development environment has been set up. No worries there.
   2. I had initially created a sample implementation of the rotation API.
   However, due to community feedback and mentor feedback the design was
   overhauled and I thought it best to start the implementation from scratch.

I do need some help:

   1. Since this project will include documentation, I'm trying to build
   the docs. However, from the Makefile at scipy/doc it appears that
   python3.6 is required, whereas only python3.5 is available for my platform
   (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS). I generally try to avoid adding third-party repos
   unless absolutely required, so I am asking for help here. Is installing
   python3.6 the only solution, or will changing the PYVERS variable in the
   Makefile work?
   2. Regarding the GSOC blog that needs to be set up, what is the
   preferred method/site/url for scipy? And what exactly should a blog post
   contain? I'm a bit unclear on those details.

Regards,
Aditya