[SciPy-Dev] [Numpy-discussion] ANN: SciPy 1.0 beta release

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 11:32:15 EDT 2017

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm excited to be able to announce the availability of the first beta
> release of Scipy 1.0. This is a big release, and a version number that
> has been 16 years in the making. It contains a few more deprecations and
> backwards incompatible changes than an average release. Therefore please do
> test it on your own code, and report any issues on the Github issue tracker
> or on the scipy-dev mailing list.
>
> Sources: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/releases/tag/v1.0.0b1
> Binary wheels: will follow tomorrow, I'll announce those when ready
> (TravisCI is under maintenance right now)
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

Congratulations to all, and an extra congratulations to Matthew and
everyone else involved in getting the scipy wheels building on all the
supported platforms.

For those unfamiliar with the history, Ralf became release manager for
NumPy 1.4.1 back in early 2010 and switched to full time SciPy release
manager in 2011. It has been a long, productive, seven years.

<snip>

Chuck