[SciPy-Dev] establishing a Code of Conduct for SciPy

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 01:47:40 EDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to distill the results of the discussion into a PR to Ralf's PR:
>
> https://github.com/rgommers/scipy/pull/14

Great, thanks Matthew.

That PR is related to the longest discussion we had. Here I'll also briefly
summarize the other things we discussed:

1. A question on the CoC PR on whether we need a separate CoC committee or
can make do with either a single person or letting the SciPy steering
committee handle the job. The outcome was that we do want a CoC committee,
ideally 3-5 people in size.

2. The discussion about different cases that Matthew's PR responds to.
Discussion started from this comment:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/7963#discussion_r145582715, and a
couple of previous emails on this mailing list also were related to that
comment.

3. Timeline for merging the CoC. I will incorporate Matthew's PR and
address other open comments tonight. Then I'll be offline until Monday
evening. Hopefully by then the remaining points for discussion have been
converged. I'd like to merge the CoC on Tuesday and release 1.0 on
Wednesday.

Cheers,
Ralf