[SciPy-Dev] establishing a Code of Conduct for SciPy

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 04:51:58 EDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 7:05 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,

> lightly

> >> Sure - no problem from my side - I completely agree that less formal
> >> is better ...
> >

> > Thanks Bennett, Matthew and Ilhan. I agree that "be concise" can be
> > misunderstood if not worded right.
> >
> > Stefan commented on the PR "Points 5, 6, 7, and 8 seem less relevant to
> me,
> > and less tied to principles. Consider cutting for the sake of brevity?".
> > I think that's a good point, so would like to go with that. It also
> means we
> > don't have to choose between your three versions of point 5:)
>
> Excellent outcome - more concise :)

Hi all, there haven't been more comments on the PR in the last 10 days and
so far it seems everyone is happy. I said earlier that I'd organise a
public conference call in order to give another venue for input, and I'd
still like to do that. So here's a proposal:

    Thursday 19 Oct at 7pm UCT on Google Hangouts

We've puzzled with time zones before, the best one was very early morning
in Australia and late evening in Russia. This time will be 6am in Sydney,
10pm in Moscow, 8pm CET, 3pm US east cost, noon US west coast.

Also, it would be great to get a few volunteers for the CoC committee. Any
takers?

Cheers,
Ralf