[SciPy-Dev] reviewing open pull requests

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 00:16:14 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Our documentation on how to contribute to SciPy didn't say that reviewing
pull requests is welcome. https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/7608
addresses that, but I think it's important enough to point out here as well
- especially given that we have a backlog of ~170 PRs that is quite hard to
reduce to a lower number. So here's the text I added on that:

Reviewing open pull requests (PRs) is very welcome, and a valuable way to
help increase the speed at which the project moves forward. Everyone who
feels like they are competent to comment on a pull request is invited to do
so; if you have specific knowledge/experience in a particular area (say
“optimization algorithms” or “special functions”) then reviewing PRs in
that area is especially valuable - sometimes PRs with technical code have
to wait for a long time to get merged due to a shortage of appropriate
reviewers.

Cheers,
Ralf