[SciPy-Dev] branching 0.19.x soon?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 03:54:21 EST 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Evgeni Burovski <evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > We had planned the 0.19.0 release for the end of January. We won't make
> that
> > anymore, but branching this month seems doable (nothing particularly
> large
> > or blocking in https://github.com/scipy/scipy/milestone/30).
>
> Thanks for bringing this up Ralf!
>
> The dblquad regression would be good to fix.
> (Ah, as noted on GH already)
> Can't think of other blockers off the top of my head. Some more time
> for merging open PRs would be nice to have, but optional.

It seems like we're always hovering around 130-140 PRs, no matter how much
time we take. But probably good to give it say two weeks, so everyone has a
chance to go and review/merge the PRs they would really like to get in?

> > @Evgeni, did you plan / want to be the release manager for this release
> > again, or do you want someone else to take that role?
>
> If someone wants it, great. Volunteers?
> Otherwise I'll happily do it.

"want" is a big word:) I'm also happy to take a turn again, either for this
release or a following one. But if someone new to the role volunteers,
that'd be quite nice.

Ralf