[SciPy-Dev] SciPy governance model

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 04:13:13 EST 2017

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Eric Larson <larson.eric.d at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> My feeling is that having a clear leader in place is important, so I'm
>>>>

>>> +1 for BD(FL) / leader-style from me, too. I like Matthew's suggestion
>>> of the top 5 active folks discuss to see which of them are actually
>>> interested in taking on that role.
>>>

>> Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like everyone likes this
>> suggestion so far, so we'll give that a try.
>>

> Hi all, I'm happy to report that we've worked this out. Pauli was our
> preferred candidate, and he has agreed to take up the role of BDFL!

Hi all, it has taken a while longer than I had planned, but here is a PR
with the draft governance doc: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/6953.

Review and feedback very welcome. If there's something really major about
the structure of it, this list is probably a better place to discuss then
on the PR.

Cheers,
Ralf