[SciPy-Dev] Interested in contributing BILP solver and interior-point method for linprog; SciPy-dev search down?

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig at crans.org
Thu Feb 23 09:49:23 EST 2017

Hi,

Le 23/02/2017 à 01:44, Matt Haberland a écrit :

> Please let me know if you'd like to see the interior point code
> included in SciPy, and I'll integrate with linprog and figure out the
> submission process. (If you are familiar with compiling from source on
> Windows, please shoot me an email. After pushing through a few
> roadblocks, I'm stuck with a very vague error message.)
I haven't looked at your detailed results, only your email. Still, the
fact you checked both the speed and the accuracy looks very convincing
to me (I've been bitten by the lack of accuracy of Scipy linprog in the
past).

In terms of API, my only suggestion would be to keep one single linprog
routine, with a switch (between IP and simplex). Given your
demonstration of the superiority of your algo, it should be the default.

best,
Pierre