[SciPy-Dev] Scipy Development queries

Joshua Wilson josh.craig.wilson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:21:29 EST 2017

> can someone tell me how to go about reading the source code so as to get an abstract idea of the functionality?

Just my opinion, but rather than trying to get an abstract idea I
would propose starting very small and concrete. Find a very simple
issue (e.g. documentation) and try to fix that. Depending on your
experience, just the process of getting familiar with git and how to
submit pull requests can be a lot to take in. Then try to find a
simple bug to fix, and keep moving up from there.

> Also, how can I claim for the issues that I want to solve?

We don't really claim issues, if you fix an issue send a PR and
someone will review it.

- Josh