[SciPy-Dev] establishing a Code of Conduct for SciPy

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Wed Aug 30 01:32:49 EDT 2017

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks for the feedback Chuck. Pauli said on GitHub he preferred
>> > something
>> > shorter and less flowery as well, so that's two votes for the
>> > contributor
>> > covenant or something more in that direction.
>>
>> It looks like the link above goes to the 1.2 version of the
>> Contributor Covenant, while the latest version is 1.4:
>>
>>     https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/
>>
>> The 1.4 version has a little more detail on venues and a slot to put
>> in a contact address.
>>

> The extra sections are good but I think the long enumerations dilute the
> message. All means all is a stronger statement than a list of every
> conceivable attribute. I think the 1.2 version is better in that regard.

Folks who look like you or me aren't really the intended audience for
this – we already know we're included :-). The important thing is how
the message comes across to those who might otherwise feel excluded.
So I think this is a place where we should defer to the experts.

-n