[SciPy-Dev] Build/install scipy in a conda environment.

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:41:06 EDT 2016

Hi all,
given the discussion about scipy installation happening on github I
realised I have a question relating to build and install from source (OS X
10.9.5, clang-600.0.5, gfortran 4.9.0)

I'm working in a Python 3 conda environment. The mkl version of numpy is
installed via conda. When I try to build scipy from source it fails on a
linker step against the mkl libraries because I don't have them.

Is there a definitive guide on how to compile scipy in this fashion? (i.e.
which Intel download I need, any config changes required, etc).

Dr. Andrew Nelson