[SciPy-Dev] cKDTree

Jacob Vanderplas jakevdp at cs.washington.edu
Mon Sep 5 22:14:36 EDT 2016

>From my own casual benchmarks, the new scipy cKDTree is much faster than
any of the scikit-learn options, though it still only supports axis-aligned
euclidean-like metrics (where sklearn's BallTree supports dozens of
additional metrics). The cKDTree also has a limited range of query types
compared to scikit-learn's trees,
   Jake

 Jake VanderPlas
 Senior Data Science Fellow
 Director of Research in Physical Sciences
 University of Washington eScience Institute