[SciPy-Dev] FFTLog

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 05:59:08 EDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 3:25 AM, Dieter Werthmüller <dieter at werthmuller.org>
wrote:

> I agree, probably the best would be to use the already existing FFTPACK
> and the already existing complex gamma function, which would mean only
> one file, fftlog.f, has to be added.
>
> In this regard, it might be best to first ask if there is sufficient
> interest for a logarithmic FFT, as you point out Joshua, before
> investing more time. Any opinions? For anyone interested I list the
> website of the original FFTLog again:
> http://casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/FFTLog

I haven't come across a use case for this myself, but the original paper
[1] is highly cited and the citation come from a range of fields. The one
fftlog.f file doesn't look worse than the average Fortran file, so this
will likely be okay to maintain. So I'm fine with adding this feature.

Ralf

[1] http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0021999178901079