[SciPy-Dev] Suggest addition to scipy.stats : Mann-Kendall test

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:37:09 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Schultz, Martin
<m.schultz at fz-juelich.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

>     discussion has apparently ceased on this topic. As I don’t see myself in
> a position to open the pull request for this and lead the implementation (I
> am too unexperienced with GitHub and don’t have the time to learn all the
> rules necessary to create a good scipy code), I am asking if someone would
> volunteer to take the lead. I will help where I can, but you don’t want me
> to be responsible for this.

You could also write test cases with and without ties and whatever
options are used for this function.
This would simplify the work for whoever is implementing this. Those
could just be added to a scipy issue.

I was thinking whether it's possible to just use the ranks `rankdata`
to simplify the calculations and remove some of the loops, but didn't
figure out whether that works.

(I'm busy with "models" and didn't plan to go back to "stats" until fall.)

Josef