[SciPy-Dev] Suggest addition to scipy.stats : Mann-Kendall test

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 04:32:34 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 4:21 AM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just so you know, there's a Kendall's tau routine in scipy.mstats.

the kendall_tau in scipy.stats has been rewritten with a mix of numpy
and cython, and, based on how far I followed the PR, has very good
performance now.
I don't know if anything can be reused because the hypothesis is
pretty different, sign instead of correlation and univariate instead
of bivariate.

Still only mstats has the seasonal version of kendall_tau.
vsp package also has a seasonal version of the mann-kendall trend test

Josef