[SciPy-Dev] Where do I start?

G Young gfyoung17 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:38:51 EST 2016

First of all, awesome that you want to contribute!  I myself am a
relatively new contributor to NumPy, so I understand it can be a little
scary to join a project as large as that!  Here's what you should do:

1) Join the correct mailing lists.  You emailed out to the SciPy mailing
list by accident it seems.  You can visit this link here
<http://www.scipy.org/scipylib/mailing-lists.html> to join the numpy-svn
and numpy-discussion mailing lists.

2) Visit this link here
<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md> and follow the
links in that document to get more information about contributing!  It
provides an excellent overview on how to get started!

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them on the
numpy-discussion!

Cheers,

Greg

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Shashank Gandham <shashankgandham at gmail.com