[SciPy-Dev] [Numpy-discussion] Multi-distribution Linux wheels - please test

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sun Feb 7 16:16:52 EST 2016

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 3:40 AM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 6, 2016 12:27 PM, "Matthew Brett" <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > As some of you may have seen, Robert McGibbon and Nathaniel have just
>> > guided a PEP for multi-distribution Linux wheels past the approval
>> > process over on distutils-sig:
>> >
>> > https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0513/
>> >
>> > The PEP includes a docker image on which y'all can build wheels which
>> > match the PEP:
>> >
>> > https://quay.io/repository/manylinux/manylinux
>>
>> This is the wrong repository :-) It moved, and there are two now:
>>
>> quay.io/pypa/manylinux1_x86_64
>> quay.io/pypa/manylinux1_i686
>

> I'm going to put out 1.11.0b3 today. What would be the best thing to do for
> testing?

I'd say, don't worry about building linux wheels as part of the
release cycle yet -- it'll still be a bit before they're allowed on
pypi or pip will recognize the new special tag. So for now you can
leave it to Matthew or someone to build test images and stick them up
on a server somewhere, same as before :-)

-n