[SciPy-Dev] Arff-handling?

Moy Git moygit1729 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 17:12:14 EST 2016

Hi folks.

My team is writing code to slice and dice arff files: add/delete/update
columns, save arffs, join two arffs on a key, append rows, etc. If there's
interest in adding this functionality to SciPy's arff module please let me
know and I'll send a PR.

(Brief description: I'll extend arffread's MetaData class and add Arff and
Data classes. Arff will have a convert_to_numpy method, and arffread's
loadarff function will just create an Arff and call its convert_to_numpy.
This will maintain backward-compatibility and also let us add new stuff to
Arff.)

Best,
Moy