[SciPy-Dev] change in 0.8 to fmin

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue Aug 9 19:27:53 EDT 2016

Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:03:14 -0400, josef.pktd kirjoitti:
> Was there a change related to starting values or stepsize in the latest
> release in Nelder-Mead fmin?
> I only saw changes related to convergence criteria in browsing the
> scipy.optimize history.

I don't think so. Option to specify the initial simplex was also added,
but this should not have changed the default one. Indeed, I don't see any
change between 0.17.0 and 0.18.0 in examples.

If your function modifies the input vector (if yes, probably a bad idea),
that may change things, since copying is not necessarily managed the same
way.