[SciPy-Dev] [ANN] Mayavi-4.5.0 release

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Mon Aug 8 02:38:06 EDT 2016

Hello,

We are pleased to announce Mayavi-4.5.0.  Mayavi is a general purpose,
cross-platform Python package for 2-D and 3-D scientific data visualization.
Mayavi integrates seamlessly with numpy and provides a convenient Pythonic
wrapper for the VTK API.  It provides a high-level visualization API that sits
on top of the powerful VTK (http://www.vtk.org) library. It provides a
stand-alone UI to help visualize your data. Mayavi is easy to extend and embed
in your own dialogs and UIs.

For more information see here:

  http://docs.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/index.html

New features
-------------

- Jupyter notebook support: Adds basic support for displaying Mayavi images or
  interactive x3d scenes.  For more information see here

http://docs.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/tips.html#using-mayavi-in-jupyter-notebooks

- Add support for recording movies and animating timesteps.

- Support for the new matplotlib colorschemes.

- This release improves the experimental Python 3 support from the previous
  release.

This release should work with VTK-5.x, VTK-6.x, and 7.x.  For more details on
the full set of changes see:

 http://docs.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/auto/changes.html#mayavi-4-5-0

More than 50 pull requests were merged since the last release.  We are
thankful to Gregory R. Lee, Ioannis Tziakos, Kit Yan Choi, Patrick Snape,
Prabhu Ramachandran, Ryan Pepper, SiggyF, Stefano Borini, and daytonb for
their contributions towards this release.

Contributions from Ioannis Tziakos, Kit Yan Choi and Stefano Borini are funded
and supported by the SimPhoNy project, an EU-project funded by the 7th
Framework Programme (Project number 604005) under the call NMP.2013.1.4-1.

cheers,
Mayavi Developers