[SciPy-Dev] Scipy linked to openblas

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:42:48 EDT 2016

Hi

I am part of the Clear Linux (clearlinux.org) OS project .  I wonder
how to link scipy to openblas. I have read in some parts that if numpy
is linked to openblas by default scipy gets linked. However I wonder
if there is any specific way to tell scipy to be linked agains
openblas library.

This is our config log

gcc -pthread /tmp/tmp2f_4k1/tmp/tmp2f_4k1/source.o -L/usr/lib64
-lopenblas -o /tmp/tmp2f_4k1/a.out
  libraries openblas not found in ['', '']
Runtime library openblas was not found. Ignoring
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['openblas', 'openblas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    language = c
    define_macros = [('HAVE_CBLAS', None)]
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['openblas', 'openblas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    language = c
    define_macros = [('HAVE_CBLAS', None)]
Running from scipy source directory.
Splitting linalg.interpolative Fortran source files
blas_opt_info:
blas_mkl_info:
  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in ['/usr/lib64', '/usr/lib', '/usr/lib/']
  NOT AVAILABLE
openblas_info:
  libraries openblas not found in ['', '']
Runtime library openblas was not found. Ignoring
  libraries gfortran not found in ['', '']
Runtime library gfortran was not found. Ignoring
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['openblas', 'gfortran', 'openblas', 'gfortran']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    language = c
    define_macros = [('HAVE_CBLAS', None)]
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['openblas', 'gfortran', 'openblas', 'gfortran']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    language = c
    define_macros = [('HAVE_CBLAS', None)]

This is due to the fact that our openblas is linked to avx technology
and it boost the performance of math funtions form numpy and R:

https://01.org/blogs/2016/improving-python-performance-scientific-tools-and-libraries

Thanks for the help

Victor Rodriguez