[SciPy-Dev] Introducing scipy.optimization.tgo; a global optimization routine.

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 02:46:38 EDT 2016

Stefan, thanks for your willingness to contribute to Scipy.

There is collection of global minimization problems (>130) in the scipy
benchmarking suite. In large part they are based on the Andrea's excellent
work.
I'd like to see the algorithm run against that collection of problems to
check that its performance is good.
Unfortunately when I tried to run the BenchGlobal class today I found a few
issues (which may be related to use of python3) which need to be looked
into.

Needless to say, all added functionality needs to have a comprehensive set
of tests (not just successful use on benchmarking problems).

A.

Dr. Andrew Nelson