[SciPy-Dev] deprecating stats.histogram?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 06:32:34 EDT 2015

Hi all,

In 0.16.0 we deprecate stats.histogram2 (in PR 4655) but somehow forgot to
think about deprecating the 1-D version. At least I can't find a record on
this list or on Github of such a discussion.

The difference between numpy.histogram and stats.histogram is very minor;
basically stats.histogram uses the numpy version under the hood with only a
different range. And it misses some features now added to numpy.

Any objections to deprecating this function?

Ralf