[SciPy-Dev] Loess license

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:37:31 EST 2015

So unfortunately, R is GPL licensed. These new contributions don't have a
specific license attached, but arguably as new contributions they are
actually licensed under GPL, not the original license. I'm not a lawyer,
but I think the safest path forward would be to contact the original
authors of the R patch and ask if they are willing to relicense it as BSD.

Best,
Stephan