[SciPy-Dev] [ndimage-gsoc2015] Weekly Summary 2015/05/25

Jaime Fernández del Río jaime.frio at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:57:37 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Aman and I had our first weekly sync meeting yesterday. After each of these
weekly calls, I have asked Aman to publish a short summary, just like this
one, on progress to date and plans for the week. If you would like to
participate on one of these weekly meetings, just let us know.

*Design Choices*

   1. Use the NumPy iterator (numpy.flatiter in Python or PyArrayIterObject
   in C) for all basic array iteration, rather than a custom implementation as
   ndimage currently does.

*Plan for the week*

   1. Learn to use the NumPy iterator in Cython properly.
   2. Send a first pull request against ndimage that:
      1. Provides supporting Cython code for basic array iteration.
      2. Translates an ndimage function that only requires basic iteration,
      to Cython. This will probably be find_objects from the measurements
      submodule.
   3. Document the progress in a blog post.

*Deliverables from last week*

   1. None yet.

Best,

Jaime