[SciPy-Dev] SDG

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at gmail.com
Thu May 21 10:50:05 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Amadou Coulibaly <mpapin24 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm new user of python. And I wanted to do the continuous wavelet analysis
> of my data. But first of all, when I tried to run the following command:
>
> In[1]: import numpy as np
>
> In[2]: from scipy.signal import SDG, Morlet, cwt
>
> I got the following error messages:

> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
> <ipython-input-43-e18eb7700f8b> in <module>()
> ----> 1 from scipy.signal import SDG, Morlet, cwt
>
> ImportError: cannot import name SDG
>

> ​In[3]: ​from scipy.signal import Morlet, cwt
> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
> <ipython-input-44-2cf611117e43> in <module>()
> ----> 1 from scipy.signal import Morlet, cwt
>
> ImportError: cannot import name Morlet
>
> ​How can I solve this issues?

It looks like you are trying to use code that was described here:

    http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2009-March/011682.html

That email describes a proposed addition to scipy, but that is not the API
that we ended up with.  For the wavelet functions in scipy, see
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/signal.html#wavelets

Warren