[SciPy-Dev] Code review for trapz update

K. N. fizyxnrd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 00:48:44 EDT 2015

I've proposed a change to trapz, so that bin widths (`x` array deltas) are
always considered positive.  This allows monotonically decreasing `x`
sequences to be used, in addition to monotonically increasing sequences.

I am open to the idea of accepting non-monotonic sequences as well, and
performing a sort on `y` to make `x` monotonic, regardless of its input
form, but I think this may make the code more complex than necessary.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

https://github.com/fizyxnrd/numpy/compare/master...trapz_binwidth_fix