[SciPy-Dev] How to limit cross correlation window width in Numpy?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 17:45:48 EDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 06/06/15 01:35, Honi Sanders wrote:
>
>   > Is it possible that I could contribute this feature?
>
> You can open an issue on GitHub and ask.

This list is the right place to discuss adding new features, no need to
open an issue for that.

> I think having maxlag as a keyword argument would be benign.

I agree, sounds useful. The question is in what function(s) exactly.
signal.correlate is the first one that comes to mind. numpy.correlate might
also make sense. We have two many of these functions (scipy.ndimage has yet
more convolve/correlate functionality), so I'm not sure.

Ralf