[SciPy-Dev] Regarding taking up project ideas and GSoC 2015

Maniteja Nandana maniteja.modesty067 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:35:57 EST 2015

Hi Ralf,

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Maniteja,
>
> In general you are on the right track here - starting early and
> identifying the project ideas that interest you. I'm hoping that the people
> who came up with and potentially can mentor them (Pauli and Evgeni
> respectively in this case) can provide you with a few more details.

Thanks for the reply, in meantime I am looking at the relevant background
knowledge required to have a better understanding of the problems

I know you're already looking at related issues in the Scipy issue tracker,
> which is great. My only advice there would be to try to pick issues that
> are clearcut - if it requires back-and-forth discussion then it often takes
> a while to get anywhere due to the limited amount of developer resources
> that we have.

I understand the situation and am trying to get a clear demarcation
regarding the feasibility of my experience, with respect to the ideas and
implementation. I will also try to look around for interesting problems,
probably in the roadmap and put up a mail regarding the same.

> Cheers,
> Ralf
>
> P.S. I'll start bothering potential mentors for all ideas offline for
> their avaialbility this year.

Waiting in anticipation for suggestions. Always open to hear about new
ideas. Happy to learn :)

Cheers,
Maniteja