[SciPy-Dev] 0.16.0 release

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:05:44 EDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Andreas Hilboll <lists at hilboll.de> wrote:

> > I sent a PR to update release notes just now. Checking and updating the
> > author name mapping (``python tools/authors.py v0.15.0..master``) would
> > be useful to do sometime in the next two weeks though, if you have time.
>
> If I understand you correctly, the name mappings in the file
> tools/authors.py must be updated.
>
> What's the policy on name inclusion?  Possible solutions:
>
> - approach all new contributors individually with which name they want
> to be mentioned
>
> - take the full name as on Github
>
> - take the Github username
>
> - ...?

Good question. We want the full name in the release notes. Many people have
their full name up on Github, but the name wasn't set correctly in the
commit. In those cases I normally copy the name from Github and be done.
Same if there's a full name in the email. If there's only a Github handle
and/or an email address with a handle, then I ask the contributor
explicitly if it's OK to add the name to the release notes.

Ralf