[SciPy-Dev] Mass 1D interpolation, advice

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:39:06 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Evgeni Burovski
<evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the interpolation order?

Cubic spline, linear, nearest neighbor in that order of frequency.

> * Warren recently added nd functionality to splev:
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/4059

A quick scan suggested this allows an N-D array of x input values,
whereas I want to evaluate a 1D array of x input values for 2- or N-D
array of y values - is that right?

> * Have you tried polynomial interpolators? PPoly,
> BPoly.from_derivatives might be what you are after

Forgive my terrible ignorance, but is it easy to do cubic spline
interpolation using these classes?

Thanks for the reply,

Matthew