[SciPy-Dev] Hamming etc. windows are wrong

Daπid davidmenhur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 05:56:32 EDT 2014

On 26 September 2014 10:41, Jerry <lanceboyle at qwest.net> wrote:

> **** I am just learning Python-NumPy-SciPy but it appears as though the
> SciPy situation is that the documentation page above *** mentions the flag
> but the flag has not been implemented into SciPy itself. I would be glad to
> stand corrected.

Regarding this, you can look at the source:

odd = M % 2
if not sym and not odd:
    w = w[:-1]

so it is implemented  in Scipy, explicitely limited to even windows. It is
not in Numpy, though (but that can be fixed).

I think a reference is worth adding to the documentation, to make the
intent and application of the sym flag clear. I am sure a PR will be most
appreciated.

/David.