[SciPy-Dev] Expose Lapack for Cython

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:58:16 EDT 2014

Ian Henriksen <insertinterestingnamehere at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sturla: Thanks, I see what you were saying now. I'll work on getting a pull
> request up in the next couple of days.

Thanks, it was a bit convoluted to explain.

(This way of using Cython modules are not so well known, perhaps.)

Anyhow, I suggest we make two Cython modules with corresponding .pxd files
that can be cimported like this:

cimport scipy.linalg.lapack.cylapack as lapack
cimport scipy.linalg.lapack.cyblas as blas

After these statements it should be possible to just call blas.dgemm,
lapack.dpotrf, etc.

(Also ignore what I said in my earlier post about not using the f2py
wrappers. Because of the f2c ABI in Apple Accelerate framework only the
f2py wrappers in SciPy have a known C API. So use the f2py wrappers like
you currently do.)

Sturla