[SciPy-Dev] Introduction to Python for Science

David J Pine djpine at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:25:40 EDT 2014

NumPy, SciPy, MatPlotLib Users & Science teachers:

I have written an introduction to scientific python that you may find
useful.  You can download it from GitHub and use it freely:

https://github.com/djpine/pyman

I wrote this manual/book for undergraduates taking science and engineering
courses that use programming to solve science and engineering problems.  It
is not for experts.  I am sharing it with the hope that others may find it
useful.  It includes an introduction to very basic programming, numpy,
matplotlib, & scipy, as well as instructions on how to download and install
Python and these three libraries.  It also includes an introduction to
IPython notebooks.

Corrections and suggestions for improvements are welcome.

David Pine