[SciPy-Dev] Advice on an open source signal processing package

Noam Gavish gavishnoam at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 17:35:44 EDT 2014

Hey,

I'm an Israeli undergrad student, new to the open source community. I've
noted that Scipy might benefit from a solid signal processing toolbox, and
have began writing one.
The package presents a natural interface for signals, and simplifies signal
processing code.

This package emerged from research in the LEIsec lab in Tel-Aviv University
and is supposed to be a one stop shop for DSP in python. I think that as
the module matures, if adoption is positive, it can possibly become part of
SciPy.

Your advice about the API, design, existing python signal processing
resources, and roadmap for this module would be sincerely appreciated.
(Note that the inner implementation at the moment is basic, until the
interface is decided)

source: https://github.com/noamg/signal_processing
ipython notebook example:
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/noamg/signal_processing/blob/master/code_examples/find_pulses.ipynb