[SciPy-Dev] Global optimisation test functions

Todd toddrjen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 05:09:17 EDT 2014

On Oct 5, 2014 5:54 AM, "Andrew Nelson" <andyfaff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear team,
> Andrea Gavana has kindly made the code to his benchmark suite and the
AMPGO solver available.  I am working on getting the benchmark suite
suitable for inclusion into Scipy (pull request to follow).  It's
essentially going to be a vastly expanded version
of scipy/optimize/benchmarks/test_functions.py.  The benchmark suite needs
to be accompanied by tests, but I'm not sure where to put them, presumably
in a tests directory below the benchmarks directory.
> However,  the benchmark directory is not a scipy module, so how would I
import go_benchmark_functions from the testing code?

Could the benchmark modules automatically rest themselves when they are
run?  Since it it's code that is normally only run in testing, making sure
the benchmarks work when they are run might make sense.