[SciPy-Dev] Release schedule

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 03:47:05 EST 2014

David Cournapeau <cournape <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Paul,
> Thanks for taking care of this release.
>
> I will take care of the backport for expm since I am the one who
reported the issue.

> I have noticed some issues with numpy 1.9.1 + scipy 0.14.x using the
MKL (hard crases in scipy.linalg.interpolative). I am still figuring out
whether this is coming from a bug in our end or something genuine.David

Hi David,
I'm curious whether or not you got to the bottom of the MKL crash, and
what version of the MKL you're using?

I recently was experiencing random segfaults in the MKL interpolation
routine with version 11.1.0.103 using cython wrappers on Win64, Python
2.7.

Whilst I could reliably reproduce the segfault, it only happened at
random times when under heavy load in a large simulation and I couldn't
isolate a minimal test case.

Although I would normally consider that it's much more likely to be a
problem with my cython wrappers upgrading to MKL 11.2 solved the problem
and it has been solid as a rock ever since.

-Dave