[SciPy-Dev] [SciPy-User] ANN: Weave 0.15.0 release

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed May 14 05:31:01 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM, srean <srean.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> Very happy to see this, I thought weave had been relegated to abandon-ware.
> Although Weave did not get a lot of love I have found it very useful.

Actually, it's even more abandoned than before. It's been carved off
into its own project such that its abandonment doesn't hold up the
rest of scipy. See Ralf's last paragraph:

> On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Note that the Scipy developers are not planning to make any further
>> improvements
>> to Weave. They may however merge pull requests and create maintenance
>> releases for urgent issues. If someone is interested in maintaining Weave,
>> that would be very welcome. Questions and discussions relating to Weave
>> should
>> be directed to the scipy-dev mailing list (see
>> http://scipy.org/scipylib/mailing-lists.html).

If you wish to take up maintenance of weave to save it from its
abandonment, please let us know, and we will give you admin rights to
the repo. Thanks!

--
Robert Kern