[SciPy-Dev] Hankel transforms, again

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:10:18 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Tom Grydeland <tom.grydeland at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2014-03-21, at 00:05, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Some motivation for why the original Anderson algorithm is still
> suitable to add to Scipy would be useful.
>
> When I have to start _motivating_ my contributions, I think my work is
> done.
>
> Until this has been decided, I guess there's no point in addressing your
> other comments.

I'm sorry, but that's a perfectly valid question for any algorithms we add.
I spent quite a bit of effort looking at your code and checking the
literature. If we're going to have to deprecate these functions again later
because they're not accurate enough while there are improved ones around,
we do our users a disservice.

If there's another dev who happens to be an expert to whom it's obvious
that this is a good way to add hankel0/1 (Robert?), then fine. Otherwise
you're going to have to help me a bit.

Ralf