[SciPy-Dev] GSOC 2014: LTI systems & control / ODE integration

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:00:58 EST 2014

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
>> 02.03.2014 18:31, Sturla Molden kirjoitti:
>> [clip]
>>> Right now it is possible to build SciPy without a Fortran compiler. In that
>>> case, f2c is used to translate the Fortran sources to C.
>>
>> I don't think this statement is correct.
>
> Ok. Maybe I misunderstood. (But I were under impression that this is
> possible.)

You were probably thinking of numpy's use of an included f2c'ed subset
of LAPACK when an external version is not present. scipy does not do
this, and neither package will consciously run f2c automatically. You
may happen to have something that fakes a FORTRAN compiler by using
f2c internally, but scipy's build system knows nothing about it.

--
Robert Kern