[SciPy-Dev] last call for numpy 1.8.2 bugfixes

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 4 18:05:43 EDT 2014

hi,
as numpy 1.9 is going to be a relative hard upgrade as indexing changes
expose a couple bugs in third party packages and the large amount of
small little incompatibilities I will create a numpy 1.8.2 release
tomorrow with a couple of important or hard to work around bugfixes.

The most important bugfix is fixing the wrong result partition with
multiple selections could produce if selections ended up in an equal
range, see https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4836 (if the crash is
still unreproducable, help appreciated).

the rest of the fixes are small ones listed below.
If I have missed one or you consider one of the fixes to invasive for a
bugfix release please speak up now.
As the number of fixes is small I will skip a release candidate.

Make fftpack._raw_fft threadsafe
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4656

Prevent division by zero
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/650

Fix lack of NULL check in array_richcompare
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4613

incorrect argument order to _copyto in in np.nanmax, np.nanmin
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4628

Hold GIL for types with fields, fixes
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4642

svd ufunc typo
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4733

check alignment of strides for byteswap
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4774

add missing elementsize alignment check for simd reductions
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4853

ifort has issues with optimization flag /O2
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4602